In total, some 2,839 files have been released, relating to applications for service pensions, claims for gratuities or awards made by dependants, claims by veterans for wounds suffered or disablement or deterioration in health due to service in the period 1916-1923 and related matters.
A list of the individuals recorded in this release can be downloaded here (pdf 531Mb). The list shows their names and full addresses. It includes the files of:
- 106 women participants
- Successful pension applications files relating to 89 Brigade and Battalion IRA Officers
- Successful and unsuccessful applications lodged by the dependants of 392 War of Independence casualties
- Successful and unsuccessful applications lodged by the dependants of 144 National Army (Civil War) casualties
- 110 other applications relating to other cases (some rank and file), including National Army members pursuing their army career in the Defence Forces as Officers
- The files of 42 veterans of Easter Week with recognised service
Search the MSPC's 'Individual Applications – Pensions and Awards'.