The 14-week course, taught online by Trinity historians and other experts, is aimed at the general public as well as second-level teachers and students and will explore the forces that helped shape modern Ireland.
Here's the course schedule, to whet your appetite.
- The Challenge of the 1916 Rising: Irish History from the American War of Independence to the First World War
- The Age of Revolution, 1775-1796: Ireland and the Atlantic World
- Ireland in Flames: the 1798 Rebellion.
- The Irish Act of Union, 1800
- Robert Emmet and the Rebellion of 1803
- Daniel O’Connell and the Winning of Catholic Emancipation, 1801-1829
- The Struggle for Repeal, 1830-1847
- The Famine, Young Ireland, and the Fenians
- The Rise and Fall of the ‘Uncrowned King of Ireland’
- Unionism versus Nationalism: Ireland in Crisis, 1900-1912
- From Lockout to War, 1912-1916
- The 1916 Rising
- The Winning of Irish Independence: 1917-1923
- Commemorating Ireland: Challenges and Opportunities