The records opened up will include:
- Over 900 million census records from across the UK, USA and Ireland
- Passenger lists for ships sailing to and from Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and the USA
- Birth, marriage and death records dating back to the 18th century, and the largest online collection of UK parish records
- The most comprehensive collection of British military records anywhere online
- The largest collection of Irish family history records available online
- Historical newspapers from across the world, including more than 10 million British and Irish newspaper pages dating back to the 18th century.
A Getting Started video will be available and, to mark International Women's Day, a Finding Women in the Records webinar will also be on offer at 3pm (GMT) on Sunday, free. As, historically, women’s names changed or were not recorded, finding female ancestors can be tricky. This webinar will help users trace maternal lines and get further with their family tree.
You can find out more at Findmypast’s dedicated Free Weekend page, and it looks as though you can register (free) in advance.
I'll remind you again on Friday!