The final 2023 edition of Irish Roots, Ireland's only independent genealogy magazine, has been published. As always it includes helpful guidance and tips on researching Irish family connections by both traditional means and dna testing, details of specialist archives and localised resources in the island of Ireland and beyond, articles focussing on historical events and times our ancestors may have lived through, news of recent record releases and genealogy society activities, as well as comment, observations, answers to research queries, and a whole lot more.
Here are some of this issue's main features:
- Researching Catholic Convent Archives
- Using Autosomal DNA to break through brick walls
- Co. Louth@ local family history resources
- Remembering Sean Foster; the first child fatality of the 1916 Easter Rising
- Adopt A Monument
- In search of my Irish ancestor
- Genealogy Tips from the IGRS
- What’s New? The latest record releases
- Surnames of County Louth
- Tracing my Coffey Ancestors from Wisconsin to Westmeath
- Irish Australian threads among the gold
Irish Roots is published quarterly and is available in digital format as single edition downloads or via one- or two-year subscriptions, and in printed format by annual subscription only. Click this edition's cover image above to find out more and get reading and learning more about Irish genealogy, history and heritage.