A proposal for the 2020 programme is the production of a set of stamps celebrating Ireland’s diaspora.
The Global Irish team (Department of Foreign Affairs) is now seeking input from Irish communities worldwide for stamp suggestions which celebrate and reflect the contribution of Irish emigrants or represent their contribution globally.
Ideally the topic or suggestion should adhere to the following criteria:
- Celebrate significant events, organisations or anniversaries of famous Irish people or topics, both locally and internationally, preference should be given to the 50th, 100th, 200th year anniversaries
- Reflect noteworthy aspects of Irish emigrant life, or contribution to the US, Britain, Australia etc.
- Reflect the Irish contribution to world affairs
- Topics that have popular and commercial appeal or are somehow representative of Irish life abroad
- Irish involvement in major events in their host country
- Reflect the diversity of the Irish diaspora and in particular minority groups within the Irish diaspora.