British Newspaper Archive has added The (Catholic) Standard to its online database. The initial upload sees all 53 weekly editions published in 1937 uploaded to the site.
Published in Dublin, The Standard launched in mid-1928 and ceased publication in the 1970s. It changed its name to the Catholic Standard in 1963.
The online collection won't span the full years, however. The BNA plans its online holding for this paper to span 1928 to 1959.
The addition of this paper means that 144 of the 770 titles in the British Newspaper Archive are from the island of Ireland (107 ROI / 37 NI). The entire BNA collection is also available on FindMyPast as part of a subscription package.
(A 20% discount is currently on offer from British Newspaper Archive. Be quick, it ends tomorrow.)