The company publishes around 50 books each year and currently has some 500 in print. All have gone through a rigorous peer-reviewed process; the Four Courts Press Editorial Panel consists of more than 20 academics of international standing.
To reflect the range of topics in the portfolio, I've made a short selection of some recent or reprinted titles that Irish family historians might like for their bookshelves (there are plenty more, believe me!):
- Sending out Ireland's poor – Assisted emigration to North America in the nineteenth-century, by Gerard Moran
- Medieval Ireland – Territorial, political and economic divisions, by Paul MacCotter
- The Templars, the witch and the wild Irish – Vengeance and heresy in medieval Ireland, by Maeve Brigid Callan
- The Irish Country House – Its past, present and future, edited by Terence Dooley & Christopher Ridgway (new in paperback)
- Ireland and the Crimean War, by David Murphy
- Philanthropy in nineteenth-century Ireland, edited by Laurence M. Geary & Oonagh Walsh
- Strokestown and the Great Irish Famine, by Ciarán Reilly
To take advantage of the discount offer, enter the code SEPTSALE2015 in the "add coupon" box and click "apply" when checking out. Bingo, 20% off.
Don't miss this offer. Promos as good as this don't come around often.