The focus of this assisted-study course, which is taught by Sherry Irvine, one of the founders of the tutoring company, is on Ireland's available records, the context of the student's own Irish family history study and the creation of practical research strategies. It covers:
- Then and Now: The context of your search. Use of the Internet
- Civil registration, directories and schools
- Land valuations of the 1800s. Censuses and lists
- Church records and probate
- In or Out of Work: Occupations and Poor Relief
Being online, these courses are available to all Irish family historians, no matter where in the world they live.
Pharos has a second, more advanced course: Irish Family History and the Use of Land Records (333). This is a three-week course and will next be held in September. The exact start date has yet to be confirmed.