Eight school registers covering the period 1856 to 1965 from Lear National School, Corglass, in the parish of Bailieborough, Co Cavan were discovered in the upstairs room of what is now the Church Hall of Corvally Presbyterian Church, Co Monaghan when restoration work was taking place in 2008.
The roll books had been stored there by the then Presbyterian minister, Rev Fulton.
The registers were donated by Allen McAdam, Elder of the Corvally Presbyterian Church, to Peter Johnston, whose grandmother Hannah (Gilmore) Clarke (1874-1918) attended the school. Peter Johnston restored the registers and they are now on loan to Cavan County Library Service to assist those undertaking family history or local history research.
The books may be viewed by appointment at Johnston Central Library, Farnham Centre, Farnham St, Cavan Town. Contact by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +353 (0)49 4378505.