I'm pleased to report that the 2013 total was indeed bettered. This year, indexers worked their way through 21,458 records, as Joan Hannick explained to Irish Genealogy News: "Despite the dreadful weather, we had over 40 people join us at various times on the day. Some stayed for a couple of hours while others stayed most of the day. The fact that we provided breakfast, lunch and dinner undoubtedly helped.
"It was a fun day, at one point during the afternoon we had toddlers playing with building blocks on the floor while about 20 people worked on the indexing."
The records indexed came from the following collections:
- US, Louisiana – World War II Draft Registration
- US, Arkansas – World War II Draft Registration
- UK, Kent – Register of Electors, 1825-1900
- UK, Manchester – Parish Registers 1787-1999
- US, Virginia – Death Certificates, 1912-1954
- US, California – Obituaries, 1980-2014
- US, Virginia – Marriages, 1958-1988
- Philippines – Metropolitan Manila, Civil Registration of Births
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints, The Willows, Finglas Road, Dublin 11 (across from Glasnevin Cemetery). Opening Hours: Tues–Thurs 10:00am to 2:00 pm
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints, Doradoyle Road, Limerick Opening Hours: Tues 10:00am to 12:00pm; Wed 7:00pm to 9:00pm