The Route Back Home has been developed to assist people who are researching their ancestry in Ballymoney, Co. Antrim. The conference is an opportunity to meet other people from across the world who share an interest in North Antrim, a region traditionally known as "the Route”.
The programme will include contributions by prominent genealogy experts including:
- Dorothy Arthur, Genealogist & Author
- S.A. Blair, Historian & Author
- Dr. Tyrone Bowes, Genetic Genealogy
- Mary Bradley, Local Studies Service, Ballymena, Libraries NI
- Dr. Patrick Fitzgerald, Mellon Centre for Migration Studies
- Gillian Hunt, Ulster Historical Foundation
- Dr. Glynn Kelso, Public Record Office of Northern Ireland
- Dr. Linde Lunney, Dictionary of Irish Biography, Royal Irish Academy
- Elwyn Soutter, Genealogist
- Deidre Speer-Whyte, Ulster-Scots Community Network
- Leah Tweed, Ballymoney Branch Library, Libraries NI
In addition, delegates will be able to visit important archives which hold essential information for family history research. These include Local Studies Service, Ballymena; Ballymoney Branch Library; Public Record Office of Northern Ireland, Belfast; and the General Register Office of Northern Ireland, Belfast.
Costs: The conference fee of £180 includes daily lunch and regular refreshments, Conference dinner and drinks reception, and research trips to Belfast and Ballymena.
To book: Delegates must pay the full booking fee of £180 to be allocated a place at the conference. Only 20 places are available and bookings cannot be confirmed until receipt of a completed booking form and full payment.
Email for more details.