In partnership with Digital Circle, PRONI is to host a workshop on Thursday 20 March to showcase the First World War resources available to researchers. PRONI is a huge repository of stories relating to this global conflict; this evening of talks (6pm–8pm) will highlight these riches and explore means of working with them in the digital age.
• Introduction - Maggie Smith
• Overview of First World War Sources - Ian Montgomery
• Women at War - Ann McVeigh
• History Making: Lady Londonderry, The Women’s Legion and the First World War - Brett Irwin
• Home Front - Stephen Scarth
• Questions to the Speakers
• Close - Stephen McGowan
Venue: PRONI, Titanic Boulevard, Belfast.
Booking: The event is free to attend but booking is essential. Please use Eventbrite to reserve your place. The Heritage Cafe at PRONI will be open until 5pm on the day of this event.
This event is organised by PRONI and supported by the Department of Culture, Arts and Leisure, in partnership with Digital Circle. It is being staged as part of NI Creativity Month.