Supported by the Ministerial Advisory Group – Ulster-Scots Academy, Castlereagh Borough Council will be the hosts for the 6-week 'taster' course. All sessions are to be held on Mondays, 7–9pm, with the last one, a celebration event with traditional Ulster Scots food and entertainment, taking place on 14 April.
The course will include the following topics:
- Key periods and events in Ulster-Scots history
- The Ulster-Scots language
- The story of the Scots-Irish in America
- Robert Burns and his continuing legacy
- Ulster-Scots poets and writers
- Ulster-Scots culture today
To find out more and to register your interest, email or phone John Beattie on +44 (0)28 9049 4563.