Recent additions to its free online pdf library include:
- Valuation Survey of the Castle Hamilton Estate, published 1849. The Library recently restored this survey of the 2075-acre estate in Killeshandra. It examines the soil in detail in the townlands of Cordalea, Cornaclea, Derrygrid,Disert, Drumully East, Gortnanoul,Keelagh, Kinlagh,Kinkeel,Portaliffe, Portaliffe Glebe, Portaquin and Snakeel and includes high-quality hand-drawn maps.
- Registry of Freeholders in the County of Cavan 1825 (7814 entries), compiled by John Mayne and published in 1826.
- Statistical survey of the County of Cavan, by Sir Charles Coote; published 1801.
- The Life of William Bedell, DD Bishop of Kilmore, by Gilbert Burnett, Bishop 1643-1715; published 1736.
- Authenticated report of the Discussion which took place between The Rev. Richard T.P. Pope, and the Rev. Thomas Maguire in the lecture room of the Dublin Institution, on the 19th, 20th, 21st, 23rd, 24th, and 25th of April, 1827, by Rev Richard TP Pope; published 1827.
- Sketches in Ireland : descriptive of interesting, and hitherto unnoticed districts in the North and South, by Rev Caesar Otway; published 1857.
- Observations on the state of Ireland, principally directed to its agriculture and rural population : In a series of letters, written on a tour through that country : Volumes I and II, by J C Curwen; published 1818.
- Thomas Andrews, Shipbuilder, by Shan F. Bullock; published 1912.
UPDATE: Back in January, I announced details of two terrific new resources at the Local Studies department (news story here): The Farrell Loans Ledger and the Bellamont Estate Rental papers. Due to a lack of resources, these are still in the queue for digitisation but they're making their way towards the front!. I'll let you know when they've been uploaded.