The programme of lectures is as follows:
- Introduction to Irish and Scots-Irish family history research
- Emigration from Ireland to America and sources for its study
- Records relating to the different churches in Ireland
- Understanding Irish townlands: The importance of place, identity and administrative divisions
- Researching the farming community in the 18th and 19th centuries
- Irish and Scots-Irish research: Not always at the bottom of the pile
For full details, download the programme.
Venue: Basile Theater, The Eugene and Marilyn Glick Indiana History Center (home of IHS and its Indiana Experience), 450 W. Ohio St, Indianapolis.
Costs: $35 ($28 for IHS and GSMC members); Lunch option: Potato Bar $12. Registration includes admission to the Indiana Experience on the day of the seminar.