The church, on O'Connell Street, became a United Presbyterian and Methodist church some 40 years ago (it was previously a Methodist church), and will be bringing together local family history records not only from its own combined churches, but also from the area's Church of Ireland parishes. The organisers plan to have the following records available on the day:
- Limerick Methodist Registers from 1842
- Limerick Presbyterian Registers from 1829
- Christ Church Limerick Minute Books
- Adare/ Ballingrane registers
- Limerick Church of Ireland registers
- Limerick Baptist Church registers
- St. Michael’s National School Roll books
- Villiers School roll books
To help beginners start their family research, volunteers will be on hand with online access to the main genealogy databases.
Michael Wheeler will also be presenting a talk – Silver Bells of Memory – which focuses on his family research and on Irish history from a Protestant perspective.
Email for further details.