|Find out more about Family Tree Maker 2012|
Instead, they say that the team has been putting all of its resources into improving Family Tree Maker 2012 so that owners of the popular software will receive new bonus features throughout the next year. This will apply to those who have already bought the package as well as those who make a purchase over the year.
My dearly beloved upgraded me to Family Tree Maker 2012 last year and its benefited from a number of updates during the last several months. There's a list of some of the changes below, straight from the Ancestry team. Some of these I've noticed. Others I haven't, presumably because I don't use all the features available.
- Numerous enhancements to TreeSync so syncing your tree to Ancestry.com is faster and more reliable
- A new Family View Report that displays a person’s ancestors, spouse, and children together (similar to the Family View in the People workspace)
- A new Undocumented Facts Report that lists people’s facts that have no source documentation
- The ability to merge info from multiple versions of the same fact
- New source templates for the 1940 U.S. census and improved support for city directories
- Dozens of report enhancements including performance improvements and new options in the relationship chart, family group sheet, Individual Report, Notes Report, Data Errors Report, Outline Descendant Report, Media Item Report, photo albums, Media Usage Report, Documented Facts Report, and calendar