The National Archives is continuing with a major upgrade of its storage facility in the Four Courts. The storage building is on the site of the former Public Records Office, which was destroyed in 1922, and dates from shortly after that catastrophic event. Nearly 90 years later, it badly needs refurbishment to bring it up to the standards of a modern repository.
While researchers do not visit the storage facility, they are likely to be impacted because many record collections will have to be removed elsewhere for the duration of the improvement works and will be temporarily unavailable to the public.
An index of the records closed until May can be found on the NAI website. The bulk are Crown and Peace Office, Circuit Court and High Court records, but there are others of a different nature so it's as well to check the index before setting out for a day's researching in Bishop Street.