- Civil Registration Births, Marriages and Deaths Indexes 1864-1858 (it's incorrectly billed as 1864-1978).
- Roman Catholic birth registers 1742-1881
- Roman Catholic marriages and banns 1742-1884
- Roman Catholic deaths 1756-1881
- Marriages 1771-1812, as published in Walker's Hibernian magazine.
- Ireland births and baptism 1620-1911.
On the negative – the database descriptions provided by Ancestry are not very helpful. For example, there is no explanation that the civil registration indexes for Antrim, Armagh, Derry, Down, Fermanagh and Tyrone end at 1921. Nor is the limited coverage of the RC records described.
All in all, Ancestry's search system makes a welcome change to the lumpy Family Search one, so I'm pleased to see the launch of this alternative. Take a free trial to give it a go.